To see my original postings go to: http://bmoore3photos.blogspot.com

Monday, September 17, 2012

San Francisco Wharf Daybreak From The Bay

While returning through the Golden Gate on the very early morning of July 22, 2012 (returning from Alaska) I took this panoramic photo of the San Francisco Wharf from the top deck of the ship.  Time was 5:29 a.m., with a light fog surrounding the Golden Gate Bridge.  This is actually a composite of 12 photos stitched together to form this panoramic photo.  It was taken with a focal length of 39mm at F-7.1 and an exposure time of 1/100 second (ISO 200).  No exposure compensation. I took each photo in a portrait orientation to give the panoramic photo more height.  I've taken several photos of the Wharf area from the city side however this was my first opportunity to take photos from the Bay side.  Just my luck... there were wispy clouds with a very light fog to the right and the red glow of the sun coming from the east.  Could not have asked for much more as far as lighting.  Just click on the photo to see a larger version....

No comments:

Post a Comment